So I'm blogging...I'm starting this as partly my journal entries as the pen and paper kind have really not gone so well! So I am starting a blog. As you know, we are living in Bakersfield, transplanted from Southern Alberta, Canada. we do enjoy it down here, though we miss home. Sometimes more than others! LOL! I do enjoy the winter weather here, I don't have to shovel the walks and my nose doesn't freeze before the car warms up. Though I am turning into a wuss. As soon as the thermometer hits about 15 degrees Fahrenheit, I think its pants weather! I remember back home as soon as the sun came out in the winter and the Chinook rolled in, everyone is in shorts! Ha! Good times!
We have made some really great friends down here, some from Canada that worked with Dustin and some from here in Bakersfield, mostly through church. I am so thankful for the church for that particular reason. No matter where you go, that is one constant that you will find everywhere. The church is always the same and we have always found wonderfully helpful and friendly people at both of the wards we have lived in. I remember our first Sunday here and Dustin's parents had just left the day before and we were both a little down and we went to church. And people there were so nice and friendly, I came home and phoned my mom and said its going to be ok...we always have the church! I just felt like even if we weren't super close to anyone, I always new that we could phone someone in case of an emergency or something. I just felt a little more confident that it was going to be ok! And it was. And even though we kind of live like hermits (I would rather stay at home with the kids and Dustin than try and go out all the time...) We have really become alot closer as we have had to depend on each other alot more because at first, we only had each other. Which sometimes can get very interesting!
I do enjoy it here and try to make each day as happy as I can for our family, as I'm sure all mothers out there try and do. And so this will be my little outlet and update of my family for others to view if they like. I promise to try and update with pics and fun stories of our little family for all of our loved ones that we can't be with right now and hopefully we will be able to live closer one day. So goodbye for now...have to get ready for this weekend of fun in the California Sun! Disneyland, Beach and the Angels Game! Yeah for us!
We have made some really great friends down here, some from Canada that worked with Dustin and some from here in Bakersfield, mostly through church. I am so thankful for the church for that particular reason. No matter where you go, that is one constant that you will find everywhere. The church is always the same and we have always found wonderfully helpful and friendly people at both of the wards we have lived in. I remember our first Sunday here and Dustin's parents had just left the day before and we were both a little down and we went to church. And people there were so nice and friendly, I came home and phoned my mom and said its going to be ok...we always have the church! I just felt like even if we weren't super close to anyone, I always new that we could phone someone in case of an emergency or something. I just felt a little more confident that it was going to be ok! And it was. And even though we kind of live like hermits (I would rather stay at home with the kids and Dustin than try and go out all the time...) We have really become alot closer as we have had to depend on each other alot more because at first, we only had each other. Which sometimes can get very interesting!
I do enjoy it here and try to make each day as happy as I can for our family, as I'm sure all mothers out there try and do. And so this will be my little outlet and update of my family for others to view if they like. I promise to try and update with pics and fun stories of our little family for all of our loved ones that we can't be with right now and hopefully we will be able to live closer one day. So goodbye for now...have to get ready for this weekend of fun in the California Sun! Disneyland, Beach and the Angels Game! Yeah for us!

2 comments:
Hey ... yeah - I am so excited that you are now blogging!! It is an easy way to keep everyone updated ... I created a blog the end of last year but didn't post at all until Feb this year ... and now I am hooked !
Hi Jessica and all,
This is Aunt Sandra, I just wanted to
thank you for sending me the pattern
for the diaper bag. Your email did
not have an email address. It sounds
like you are enjoying some really
nice weather--we have rain and wind,
and wind and rain.. same old thing.
I am new at most of this emailing but
maybe I'll learn from the kids.
Randi & Jason had a really beautiful
little girl - she looked a month old at 5 days already. Randi was in the hospital for 3 days last week because she got an infection.
Jason had to take care of Jorja the
first night because they didn't want Randi to keep her at the hospital because they were not sure what she had. He had to give her a bottle and she took it ok. He did OK and Madison was really good for him too. The next day she could go be with her mommy.
We are back to school - both of us.
Uncle Gary is back teaching shop for
90 minutes in the morning on 2 days a week. There were so many kids wanting to take shop that the principal called him up to come in and work for a semester.
Grandma is feeling better, she says. I am going to see her this weekend and try to give her a perm.
I better go for now - good to talk to you on this blog. Aunt Sandra.
Post a Comment