WARNING...THERE ARE ALOT OF PICTURES!!
We had so much fun in Canada this year. Our first stop was my home town, Del Bonita and we got to see Gramma and Grampa and we finally got to meet this little angel..
This is Little Lauren. My little sisters daughter. Gracie now has a girl cousin on both sides and she really liked her. She wanted to carry her everywhere!

One day we went over to Warner to see where Grampa works. And I seen this field of Sweet Clover. I made Dustin pull over so I could take some pictures. This spring Southern Alberta got a ton of rain and everything was still spring like even in mid-July! There were wild flowers and standing water everywhere. Not so great for the farmers...kind of nice for me who hasn't seen green like that for the last 5 years!
So I got some cute pics of the kids though!
Even ones who like to be silly...
And ones who won't stand in the grass because its too long...he had to sit on Dad's shoulders and Dad kneeled down...what a good sport!

And even ones that my dad thinks looks funny...and when I tell him that its supposed to look like that, he says "Well, why would you want a picture thats out of focus?" Silly Dad.
We went to the little dinosaur museum in Warner. Its small but very interactive for the kids. they even have tours to see the Dig Sites, but it was too late that day.
The kids had alot of fun digging for bones and making plaster footprints, doing puzzles and seeing all the dinosaur stuff.
Then on the way home we ran into a T-Rex!! Oh no!!
And then we played on the little hoodoos around the tourist center to get out some wiggles.
I had to drive around and take some pictures of how green it was...because it just blew me away! This is a pic of the Henry Homestead which my Great Grandfather settled.

And I found this hilarious. the county has put up signs on the Range Roads and in front of all the farm houses and things so that if there was an emergency, the ambulance, fire, what have you, can find the proper house. Well, my parents don't live on a farm. They live right on the crossroads of the two main highways. Down town Del Bonita if you will. Well now they live on 'First Street', and the road that runs behind them...basically a glorified driveway...is now 'Ballpark Street'. Its too funny!
And last of all the view out my parents back yard. I miss seeing the mountains. Sorry Bakersfield, but your mountains will never compare!


1 comment:
Beautiful pictures Jessica!
Post a Comment