Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I LOVE Halloween!
I love that you get to dress up, and people don't think much about it.
You go to people's houses and get treats...(or at least, you send your kids, and they get YOU treats!)
I love the Spookiness of the decorations, and the fun of decorating your house.
So I love it!!

This year was a little different on many levels.
One: I wasn't feeling the creative genius that comes with finding Halloween costumes. I really like the Theme dynamic and we (meaning I the mother) like to dress in a group. So Years past we've been everything from pirates, to Austin Powers, to the Clue Game.
This year was Comic Book Characters revisited.
Here's my kids at the Halloween parade at school.
There's another thing that was different, they got to wear their costumes to school.
They liked that.
I stayed for Brody's Halloween party, and I think he is a little off on the pumpkin face there...
Two: We didn't have or stuff together, very well. So we made our pumpkin that day. And again, Mom had to clean it out because my kids are grossed out by pumpkin guts...
I think they each got one scoop out and were like, 'Eww! Gross! I can't do this!"
What kid doesn't like pumpkin guts?!
Three: My kids have never been Trick or Treating.
What?!
Yep. Never.
At least not door to door.
We've gone to Disney and then Ward Trunk or Treats, but never have they run through the neighborhood, knocking on doors, getting candy for their mom, I mean treat bags.
And what fun is it, if Dad doesn't join in?
Ya. I'm married to that.
But its all good, I am Cat Woman after all!
So when Liza Dawn invited them to go Trick or Treating with them, they were pretty excited. And I was too. Every kid should get to experience that. And every parent should get to let them without worrying about candy that's poisoned, or child abductors, or razor blades, or hypodermic needles, or generally scary things that may happen to your kids on All Hallow's Eve.
That's why we sent these guys to go with them.
Betcha all the Scaries kept their distance with these two walking around.
Surprised we didn't get a call on behalf of the welfare of our kids...
Happy Halloween!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Love your way with words Jessica. Looks like a great night.

Jeri said...

Bwahahaha I've never seen this pics of Dusting before! Funny! They look great, what a good sport :)