We made it to California! Oh, I didn't realize how much I missed it till I got there!It was a LONG drive through snow and ice, but my kids are sooo awesome, that they didn't complain AT ALL!!
(disclaimer: I don't count the occasional "Are we there yet?" from the four year old, because he was actually really good, and only said it about 32 times on the way down...could have been alot worse!)
I'll have to do this in a few posts, because there was so much going on.
First stop, my favorite, the beach!!
It was a little on the cool side, though it didn't really stop the kids from playing in the water. We hit at low tide and explored the rocks and tide pools and the kids had a blast finding hermit crabs...
Once they realized they weren't going to hurt them!
Gramma had to show them they weren't so bad!
They dug in the sand, built a 'city' for the hermit crabs and played a bit in the waves. Like I said, it was a little cool, even for Canadians, but it didn't stop the Blasco brothers from swimming in the sea!
It was so nice to be back. I have always loved the ocean, the sound of it is soo peaceful to me. I could sit there for hours and just listen...
And I think the kids could have sat for hours and just played in the sand.
Note to self: next time, more beach time!!
Even little dude got a little wet! He HATES cold water, and at first wouldn't even get his toes wet without freaking out. So I was very proud to see him chasing in the waves with the other kids.
So Day one of the trip done....
Do we look like we are having fun yet?!?




No comments:
Post a Comment