Monday, October 14, 2013

Seattle Trip!!

Warning! Picture Overload!!
But I had to take lots of pictures, it was sooo pretty, and I am actually kicking myself for not taking more!!
This summer, we decided...well actually, Dustin decided, he wanted to see an Angels game. Well Anaheim is a LONG ways off so we went for the next best thing, 
An Angels vs. Mariners game in Seattle. 
What!?! A trip, to a cool new city, including a ball game, and sightseeing, and beautiful scenery?!!?
Count me in!
But it was a LONG LONG drive. Thank goodness for road side rest stops...they are my friend.
At one, we seen this little swallow that must have fallen out of its nest, it was still downy looking. And the mama was coming a long and feeding it, so the kids wanted to get a picture. None of us could capture the moment quite right.
But Seattle was beautiful. I am a huge fan of Grey's Anatomy, so it is kind of fun to see the city where they portray the show. the kids got a kick out of the huge Ferry boats, watching them load and unload dozens of cars. 
We went to a little lighthouse on the bay and were able to climb up inside to the top. It wasn't very big, but cute, and interesting.
Then we hit the ball games!!
Dustin and Brody went to one by themselves and me and the other two kids stayed at the hotel and chillaxed. Brody thought it was pretty neat he got to go with his dad all by himself!!

And then the next day we went to one as a family. It was great to be back in a Ball Park, nothing quite like it!!
After the game, the kids had a chance to run around the bases!! That's two Ball Parks we have walked around the infield on!!

We did alot of walking around. We had almost a week, but really, there is so much to see, its so hard to take it all in!! Pike's Place Market was really neat. Its a Public Farmer's type market with lots of stalls and shops selling everything from Fresh Flowers, Fresh Foods, antiques, jewelry, to fresh fish!! And these were not your everyday fish. I'm talking fish as big as Cooper man!!
We went to the Gum Wall as well. Seattle is a very 'Artsy' town, lots of art, music etc. going on. One alley, by the Market, is the gum wall, where people come from all over and put their gum onto the wall and add to the Public Art. Every one in the family except myself, thought it was gross. I think my male nurse actually almost had a panic attack thinking of all the germs!!

Then we went to the Space Needle!!
I was so glad it was a fairly clear day so we had a great view of the Downtown and surrounding city. Gracie hated it! She is scared of heights and did not like being up there. I finally convinced her to smile for a picture...
The boys thought is was neat, though, and the nerd in me loved all the signs with facts and how it was built and why. I love that stuff.

From the top of the Space Needle, we could see this fountain, so we walked over to explore it. It was huge and sprayed water to music. The kids had fun trying to dodge the streams of water to get close enough to touch it.




We spent another day at this little Zoo. It was fun and relaxing and had a nice little aquarium as well. I think the kids enjoyed the fact we weren't Sightseeing, and doing something a little more fun in there eyes!!
On the way home, we made a stop at Silverwood. I figured with the long weekend, it would be CRAZY!! But it actually was nice, and not too busy. We did the waterpark and then the rides. We convinced Cooper to ty a big Rollercoaster, because he was finally big enough. He was super nervous, but he did it (one big scream at the beginning, eyes closed and death grip on Mom's arm the entire time!!) and when it was done he said:
"Is it going to go fast again?!"

The other kids went on it a couple more times but Cooper declined. He loved the kiddy rides and was so proud of himself because he put his hands in the air on the Little Kiddy coaster.


It was so much fun!
I love taking trips with my little family to new places. I love taking my kids to see new and different things and seeing it through their eyes!! I can't wait to see what our next big adventure will be!!

Sidenote: we seen the building where they make the Boeing Airplanes...biggest building in the whole world. Actually didn't think it was that big when we drove by...until I figured out the 'ants' crawling on the airplanes and the ground were actually employees!!

1 comment:

Kourtney said...

You guys do so much fun stuff! Jealous!