Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Back to School!

It is back to school!! I love back to school...not because my kids are gone all day...though that can be nice...but because we get back to a regular schedule. I don't have to argue as much about bedtimes or late nights because we all know it's school nights and that just ain't happenin' around this house! 

I am a little sad because this little dude is in Grade 1! And he is at school ALL day long....sometimes I'm just not sure what to do with myself! He really likes it and I haven't had to fight with him at all about going. I'm pretty sure that's a good thing...


Funny story about Cooper. He is becoming quite the smart alec...and he knows it...and he thinks he's hilarious!
So it was a little cooler at the beginning of September...like we even had snow! So, we have been wearing pants etc. Well, it's been nice and warm for a few days and Cooper sees his Dad sitting on the couch in jeans. He says:
Dad, you're wearing jeans....it's like, really hot outside....what's up with that?!?
Then he proceeds to laugh.
Then, he was driving with his Dad in the car and he asks:
Dad, how old are you? Your head almost touches the roof!
Dad: We'll, I'm 35.
Cooper: Maybe when you're 37, you will be big enough to touch the roof.
Dad: We'll buddy, when you get to be 18 or 20, you don't get any bigger...you are as big as you will get.
Cooper: That's not true! You will still grow!
Dad: It is! Ask your Mom.
Cooper: I'll ask Brody, he's the second smartest in the family.
Dad: What about Gracie?
Cooper: well, she's like third smartest.
Dad: Well what about Mom?
Cooper: Well, when you get old, you forget all the things you learned in school...so she's the fourth smartest.
So his Dad tells me this story, and I'm feeling a little bad...so I ask Cooper about it. He says "Ya, your the fourth smartest." I hang my head and walk away and he yells after me, "Don't worry Mom, I'm the fifth smartest!"
Yep, that makes me feel better...I'm just smarter than the six year old...



Oh, Cooper. What am I ever going to do with you...

This girl is in Grade Six! Holy Cow! I can't even comprehend this some days, it doesn't even seem possible...but, it's true. She is really turning into quite the young lady. Sass and all!
She decided to run for Vice President this year, and I was so proud of her for trying it! She had to give a speech and everything! She did well, but did not win...this time. Maybe next round!
I love that this girl loves things like music and gets embarrassed about boys and kissing...but still wants to play house and barbies. She is growing up, but she is still a little girl.
On the second day of school,I had a hard time waking her up. When I finally got her up, she asks me " Why do I have to get up?" I told her she had school, she had to get up and get ready. She says, "We had school yesterday...I thought we would school the one day, and then have a long weekend...." 
Wow. I'm sure glad she pays attention....

Oh little girl....we love you so much!

Brody Brody Brody....you are such a good boy, but such a stinker sometimes! He is in Grade Four, and right now is reading at a Grade 7 level...he's such a smarty! He says he doesn't really like school, because he gets bored...hopefully this year will start to be a bit more challenging and get him excited about it again!
I was trying to think of something funny that he has said lately...but I couldn't really think of anything. Though the other day, I was getting a bit frustrated with the kids and he says to me..."You can't get mad at me...I'm the good kid!"
He is a good kid, with such a big heart and kind spirit.

I just love him!
These kids are the light of my life. I am so grateful I get to be their Mom! I do enjoy my time at home when they are at school, but I do love it when they are here with me, too. They make my life exciting and fun, challenging and joyful. They make me laugh and cry...and have taught me so much about life and love. 
I am so grateful for these three amazing blessings in my life!




No comments: