Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the Thirteenth...are you superstitious?

So its Friday the thirteenth....ooooohhh........I'm scared... LOL! I read about some of the 'Old Wives Tales' and superstitions, and I thought, "Wow! How did people ever keep up with all those superstitions? I don't think I could go about life without worrying about, good luck, visitors coming and bad monetary ventures everytime my nose, ear or foot itched!" I would have mixed them all up! I'm not that superstitious, but there are somethings that I do out of habit and family tradition, that are following the 'Old Wives Tales'. Do you?
  • I "Knock on Wood" 3 times when I've mentioned good fortune, as this is supposed to keep 'evil spirits' from ruining it.
  • I never walk under a ladder.
  • I will always wish on shooting stars, dandelion fluff, birthday candles, and fallen eyelashes.
  • As kids, we always pulled the wishbone of the turkey. Biggest half would get their wish.
  • I wore something old (bracelet Dustin had given me), something new (my dress), something borrowed (necklace from Jeri-lynn), something blue (my toenails), when I got married.
  • We tried the needle and thread trick to determine whether I was having a boy or a girl when I was pregnant with Gracie. It said I was having a boy, then 2 girls. Ooops!
  • I think rainbows are lucky, I have looked for Four-leafed clovers, and I have a lucky number.
So, do you listen to the 'Old Wives Tales' and follow superstitions? 

No comments: