So my crazy parents came down for another weekend in Cali...I say crazy but I am so grateful to them for taking the time to jet set down and visit, even if its only a couple of days. Its still 3 days my children get to have with their Gramma and Grampa and that's better than none. And they enjoyed every minute of it!
We hung out at the house for a couple of days and enjoyed life in general, and then the last day we went to one of the most breath taking places I've been...the Sequoia's.
Its not as shocking as the first time seeing those giants (I'm sure Mom and Dad were blown away!) But still awe inspiring. Seriously...how can anyone question if there is a God out there who loves us, especially when he gives us that gift of beauty to enjoy...and its been standing there for hundreds and thousands of years...how can you question such a thing?

Cooper enjoying the hiking with Daddy

Grampa and Brody decided that this looked like a giant spider crawling over the log!

The kids with Gramma and Grampa

I love the fall colors!
We hardly get any pics of the two of us...I'm trying to change that.
All of us at the General Sherman tree.


My cuties...another gift of beauty from my Heavenly Father!

Cooper and a giant sugar pine cone.

And again the beauty of fall...I never really appreciated it until I moved down here. In southern Alberta the leaves turn yellow and then the wind usually blows them to the ground before you can really enjoy them. Here, they turn yellow, red, orange, purple, scarlet, brown...every fall color and all on the same tree...it is so amazing to me...I love it! It almost makes fall my favorite season..almost...flowers in the spring still have it beat, but its running a close second!
I am so grateful for the chance my parents had to come and visit us, and grateful for the fact that they love us so much that they will come to see us...just because.
Thanks again Mom and Dad....Love you always...

1 comment:
Beautiful pictures! We love the sequioas too.
Post a Comment