Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wordful Wednesday....Love Songs...

So another Wordful Wednesday and in light of the romantic holiday approaching, we shall write about 'Our Song'...which we really don't have...We have never really sat down as a couple and 'picked' a song for 'us'. I have heard alot of songs that could describe how I feel about my husband, or our relationship, but when you've been together for 13 years, there are literally hundreds of songs that at any given time, could be labeled 'our Song'.

About the closest thing I can think of was when we were married, my mother put together this wonderful slideshow of pictures of the two of us, from the time we were kids till we were engaged. It was really fun, but she needed us to pick some songs to play with it. We sat for a long time and tried to find songs that would work and these are the three that we chose...

1. Keeper of the Stars by Tracy Byrd: This is probably the best song that I would call ours. I really like the fact that it talks about how we were 'destined' to be together, that there was someone out there fixing things so they worked out just right...especially since we knew each other in younger years, we tried dating a couple of times before we made it stick, and our grandparents were friends and used to talk about how they could get their families related...and along came us!
2. My Best Friend by Tim McGraw: He is my best friend, the one I REALLY want to spend my time with, even if its just sitting on the couch and not saying a word. We're together and that's all that matters.
3. The last one was kind of a joke, but it really makes sense when you think about it. Its from the movie 'The Wedding Singer' its the song Adam Sandler sings to Drew Barrymore at the end of the movie "I wanna grow old with you". I love it because thats what I want to do, I want to grow old with my husband and enjoy all the mundane things that life throws at us.

There you have it. He's my best friend that I was destined to grow old with! Everytime I hear these songs I think of the day we were married, and I smile. I am so happy to be with him, and even if the most romantic thing that we do now is have Wii Wednesdays together, I don't care...I love him.

3 comments:

Montserrat said...

The slideshow is a neat idea. I should have my girls help me do one for Mr. FR's birthday in April. That would be a fun trip down memory lane!

Anonymous said...

I know that many people will say there is no such thing as a "soul mate" based on the talk given Pres. Kimball (?). However, I feel there is someone that is perfectly matched to each person. I know I found my match and it sounds like you have found yours.

April J. said...

Wonderful choices and well said. It is true there are so many great songs out there!