Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wordful Wednesday...Faith...

Alma 32:21 - "And now as I said concerning faith - Faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen which are true."

I'm sure I always had Faith. I always believed what my Parents, my Primary teachers, my Young Women's leaders taught me. I always believed that I was a Child of God. I knew he was there, and He listened to my prayers...but I was happy. I had a nice simple little life that flowed just the way I wanted. I went to Church, read my scriptures, and prayed...but I was also very Passive about it all as well. Like I said, I was pretty happy...

Then we decided to move away from Home, Family, the Comfort of familiarity and into the wide world of New and Strange. It wasn't until then that I really learned to Exercise my FAITH.
I really learned that my Heavenly Father LOVES me, He LISTENS when I pray and does GIVE ME STRENGTH when I need it most. Granted, sometimes when I used to pray we could move home, I wondered why He didn't make it so...then I would meet someone new, through church or a mutual friend, or something else would happen for our family, and I realized that there is a reason for me being here right now. I may not know it, and I may not always like it, but My Heavenly Father does. There is a purpose for all things. And I am finally learning the Faith to Trust in His knowledge of what its best for me and my little family.

3 comments:

JRoberts said...

that knowledge of being there for a reason is a wonderful blessing! what a loving Father in Heaven to give us that assurance. (and give us peace to know it is true!) :)

Montserrat said...

Exercise makes our physical bodies sore but also healthier in the end so I guess it follows that exercising our faith does the same for us spiritually. It may hurt but it's a good kind of hurt!

The Potter Pack said...

Love this post.