Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year...New(OLD) Resolutions...

Rang in the New Year, read over my last year's Resolutions and realized I only accomplished one! Better than last year, where I hadn't accomplished any, but I'm workin' on it! The one goal I accomplished was finishing the Book of Mormon. Technically it took me 2 years, but it got finished! This year for our ward, the Bishopric is challenging all the families to read the Book of Mormon together, focusing on passages about Christ. I am very excited about this! This little challenge plus the fact that the Primary theme this year is 'I know the Scriptures are true', I think will really help me to get into the habit of family scripture study. The kids are young, but if we only read a couple of verses a night, its better than none!

As for my weight loss journey, my goodness I'm a slacker! I am really going to push it in the next couple of months though, because this summer, Dustin and myself are planning a 'Second Honeymoon', if you will. A trip for just us, no kids! I'm excited and scared at the same time. I don't know if a week from my kids will be fun or not!! But more on that later...I have to figure out where we are going first!
But as for the baby weight...I am VERY determined to get it right this time. I mean c'mon Jess, you've done this before...just get your hiney out of bed. That is my biggest problem...I LOVE my bed!

Family Home evening has still been hit or miss, but I do think more Hit this year. The kids are a bit older, and they like to remind me, so that helps alot. Sometimes its just been a couple of stories from the friend and discussing it, but we did do something. I'm so proud of my kids for helping me make good choices for my family!

The whole Organization thing...really, isn't it just an ongoing thing?! I would really like to get my pantry/freezer/toiletry/stockpile list typed up and ready so I can always see what I have and what I need. And I also really would like to get MYSELF on a daily/weekly schedule, with habits for every day. Then I won't feel as lost and trying to catch up after a couple of weeks. I tried it, and it did work for a bit, but I will have to start again.

I also want to really work on my scrapbooking! I haven't done it forever and I was almost caught up...now I'm 5 years behind again! But, I did order a bunch of prints...so the pics are here, ready to be put into books!! I just have to get it done!

I read somewhere about writing your goals down...then writing out a plan of attack...and then putting it where YOU CAN SEE IT!! I think that is one of my problems. i did write it on my blog, but I honestly don't go back and read posts over again. So I will have to make my list and stick it where I can see it. Maybe by my alarm clock, which I plan on putting across the room so I have to get up to turn it off!! Hopefully, I just won't roll back into my wonderfully soft warm bed...its been really bad since I got flannel sheets...they stay so nice and warm! its hard to resist when I'm still sleepy!

Maybe I should make a goal of just getting out of bed...

No comments: