Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cooper is Three!

FOR SALE:
One Little boy, who is mischievous, goofy and fun.
He loves pirates, and guns and swords and pretty much anything that involves him being a bad guy and chasing the good guy or vice versa.
Also known as Coops, Cooper-Man, Super Cooper, and Diablo Blanco (the White Devil).
Only three years old....This is how he looks in the packaging.
How can you resist that? I know you want to offer me a good deal.
Did I mention he's silly? Like, really silly. He knows when he's done something to make you laugh and he'll keep it up.
This is what he said the other day to his dad:
"Where's Hay-Hay?" (Hay-Hay is Hailey the dog)
Dad: "I don't know."
Coop: "Hay- Hay outside?"
Dad: "No, I think she's inside."
Coop: "Hay-Hay at table?"
Dad: "No, I don't think she's there."
Coop: "Hay-Hay up my butt?"
Then looks at Dad and proceeds to laugh like its the funniest thing in the world.
Yes, he is quite the comedian.
And he just tuned three. Yesterday.
It makes me so happy to see him grow and all the things he is learning and saying and doing...but it makes me kind of sad too, because three years ago today he looked like this:
Just tiny and small. He loved to be held and rocked to sleep. He sat still for more than 2 minutes and he wasn't nearly so loud.
And then a year later he looked like this. And he couldn't even walk. He would just smile and look cute. He didn't jump off my pictures or hit his sister and say:
"Well. Then leave alone me!"


Oh Cooper Man. What am I going to do? I love to see you learn and grow, but how I want to keep you little forever. You make me crazy and mad...but you also make me so happy to have you in our family. You are our comedic relief. You are persistant and determined, some may even call it stubborn, just like your Dad. You are my little man.
I love you, and I'm so very grateful you came to be with us.
Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Cooper!

Jeri said...

Cooper in the package!! haha good shot! I just wanna squish him!!