So, he tells me he is planning a little weekend just for us for our anniversary. He was feeling bad because we had originally planned to do a BIG trip for our 10 year. I had been saving and planning for 2 years! But I got to move to Canada, so I was ok. But he de decided we needed a little something, and I was excited! No kids for 3 days! (I won't tell you how I cried right after we left...)
So we drive to Kalispell, and I think that this is it! Great! Relax in the mountains with no kids! Then he pulls into the airport, " You wanna go to Vegas?" "You dork! Turn around before they charge us for parking!" He just grins and parks the car. "We're going to Vegas!"
No wonder he made me pack in a little bag!!
So we went to Vegas for the weekend...I feel fancy saying that..."I go to Vegas on the weekends!". But, really it was so fun...busy because of the things we wanted to do with no kids, but fun!
We walked the strip at night and didn't worry about bedtimes for kids (though in all honesty, 11 is getting way past my bedtime!) We ate at real restaurants, we slept in, we went to shows WE wanted to see...like PHANTOM!
I have wanted to see Phantom of the Opera for sooo long. I quite enjoy live theater and I was always a little jealous of Dust that he had seen it as a kid. So I was super pumped that he had gotten us tickets. It was amazing! Loved every minute of it and would see it again in a heart beat. The only problem is that now I just want to see so many other productions!
It was such a nice get away for us. We have NEVER left the kids, so I missed them, but it was really nice to have some alone time with my sweetie. And to think he planned it all himself! I am so grateful for him in my life. He is my best friend, my sanity, my rock. He makes me laugh and makes life fun, but is still there to make everything better. He is amazing...
I love you, Dustin and I can't wait to see what the next 10 years+ has in store for us!


2 comments:
So glad you had such a great weekend.
He's so sweet :) Haha I wish I could have seen your face when he told you where you were going!!
Post a Comment