So, when it comes to this little dude, I AM kind of glad hockey is over. He liked it ok, but it wasn't his favorite. The last few times, he was a little more enthusiastic, but most of the time he wanted to know if it was "Real Hockey", so he could get a treat from the concession.
He did come a LONG ways this year. At the beginning, he could hardly stand on his skates, and he learned really fast how to get up when he fell! And he would whine alot at the beginning, too.
It was hard, it was cold, I'm tired....
I wasn't sure we would last out the season!
But as time went on, he got better and better, and started to have more fun!
We called him "Scooter" for a while because when he first started trying to skate fast, he would lean on his stick, keep one foot plated and push off with the other one. Just like when you ride a scooter! It was quite funny to watch.
But as the weeks went on, he got better and better and pretty soon, "Scooter" just about disapeared! he used 2 legs to skate and he didn't even lean on his stick! That's when he really started to like skating and going to Public skate with all of us and playing tag with the kids.
He's even started to like to play road hockey, (or floor hockey, much to my dismay!) with his big brother. And Brody's pretty good with teaching him the ropes. He helps him hold his stick properly and doesn't shoot on him too hard and lets him score once in a while as well. He's such a good big brother! No wonder Cooper wants to do, "Whatever Brody is!"
The little guys played just a couple of games,
but they even got to play in the Enmax center on the BIG ICE! Just like the Hurricanes.
Cooper wasn't overly impressed at the time, but big brother thought it was neat that he got to do that!
The last game was against the Mom's. He was very excited and it was alot of fun. I have started playing Women's Rec hockey this year, so at least I can skate, and I was excited to play against my little boy. He liked it too, and reminds me STILL, "We beat you 9-4, Mom!"
I am so proud of him for trying hard, even when he didn't want to. I am so amazed at how well he has done this year, and can't wait to see what next year brings!
I think by this time next year I may have 2 Hockey Nuts running around the house!!






No comments:
Post a Comment