So. I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, I have 3-4 evenings free that I didn't have before. (At least for a couple of weeks!) On the other, I really enjoyed watching my boys play hockey this year. They both grew TREMENDOUSLY in their skills and talent.
Especially Brody.
He liked hockey last year. Was a very cautious skater. Didn't go after the puck with alot of vigor or enthusiasm. But he liked to play...
This year, he loved it! I think because he had learned so much more, was a little more confident AND his dad helped coach. He really liked that too.
He played Defense for most of the year. He wasn't the strongest skater out there, but he really knew his position, and it was really neat to watch him look around, think about it and make some really great passes up to the forwards. I think the last 2 months he really shone!!
He did play forward a few times in the first half of the season and even made 6 goals this year!
But he really liked playing defense the most.
His team did really well, too. They were undefeated in regular season play. They lonly lost 7 games. 2 in the seeding rounds, once in their own tournament, once in the Foremost tournament, and the last 3 against Cardston for the banner. They really worked well together, and had alot of fun!
I loved how different he has become this year. He is still my Brody, but I find that he is more confident and a little more outgoing than he was at this time last year. I honestly give most of the credit to hockey. I think he realized how good he actually was, and it really started to shine through in the last few games.
He really liked the kids on his team. They all got along quite well and had alot fun
both on and off the ice.
I loved watching them celebrate the goals. I didn't catch many of them because I was too busy cheering myself, but I did get this one. There's my little #5!!
Like I said, fun on and off the ice!
He really made some good friends through hockey, and he's really enjoyed the fun of having some of them live close so he can go play road hockey with them.
He wanted to grow his hair out for Hockey Season. I let him, even though it got terribly shaggy and hippy looking! I was finally kind of liking it, and then 3 days before it was all over he cut it off!! I was kind of sad. I asked him why and he said "Because it makes my head itch!"
I hope he tries again next year!
They did so well and came in first in the division! They fought a long best of 5 game battle with Cardston and lost in the final game. We had some pretty heart broken kids, though I think some of Brody's sadness was due to the fact that Hockey was over for the year!
We were so proud of them, and I am sooo proud of my Brody and the amazing little athlete he's turning into! I don't know if he'll ever get tired of hockey.
He asked me the day after the final game:
"Mom, when does hockey season start?"





1 comment:
I love the picture of Brody with his hair grown out. He looks like a hockey pro with his front tooth missing. Lol
Post a Comment