So we headed to San Diego and the traffic sucked! It took us like 5 hours to get there and I thought Dustin was going to go ballistic on the lovely 30 mile/hour traffic. But we made it. We headed for the beach and it was so gorgeous. I ALMOST went into the water. The kids were having a blast, until Brody got a face full, then he stayed inland. Beautiful Weather. Then we headed for Sea World and that was alot of fun. We've only been in the winter, so the night time summer shows were really neat. The kids liked the animals. Cooper loves watching the fish. Only a small casualty, Brody fell off a wall and landed on his head.
The next day we went to Legoland. We've never been and we had heard it was great for little kids. Gracie and Brody thought it was really cool. Dustin did not. I thought it was neat, it reminded me a lot of Calaway Park, lots of kiddie rides for little kids, no thrill rides. But everything is Lego. The Mini USA part was really cool. They have the New York skyline, San Francisco, New Orleans and the Las Vegas Strip all done in Lego. Really neat the detail and work put into it. It would have been funner, but Cooper could only go on 1 ride, the rest had a 34' limit that you had to meet. And you had to be 48' to go by yourself so we had to do alot of switching. I liked the fact that most of the activities were interactive and you had to DO something to make the ride, attraction etc. work. They have a small aquarium attached which was included in our admission with the GO Card that was neat. Very small, but they had these little 'bubbles' that went into the aquariums that the kids could put their heads up into and look at the fish. That was cool.
So we headed back to Anaheim and hit the Fireworks at Disney that night and a couple of rides at the park. (Buzz lightyear is a total must). And the next morning we headed to California Adventure. We were planning on going to both parks but it ended up being way busier than we expected so we stayed at Cal. Adv. We did the Redwood Creek trail this time which we've never done before and the kids really liked climbing the nets and sliding and just playing around. Then we met up with Rob, Jess, Nico and Krystal for dinner.
Yes, it would have been nice to have a weekend to ourselves with no kids, but I really like taking them. I like watching them do new things and experiencing them through their eyes. It was a very very busy weekend...Cooper was so done by the time we left...but it was so much fun! Hey, I'll turn 30 next year and maybe we'll do it again!

2 comments:
We have the same birthday! But, unfortunately I hit thirty a few years back. Sounds like you all had a blast. Congratulations!
So fun and happy belated birthday!
Post a Comment