Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Flashback...






So my Mom reminded me that it was Grad Weekend in Magrath, where Dustin and I went to High School. Grad is always on the Canadian May long Weekend, and 12 years ago, we graduated. Isn't that crazy? Grad in Canada is kind of like Prom and Grad combined. You have a Cap and Gown ceremony and a Formal march to show off you 'Attire' and there's a dance after that really, no one goes to. Then you go to home parties to see family and then your friends and stay up ALL BLINKING NIGHT (remember what that was like?) and then everyone goes camping for the weekend. It is beyond me why we insisted on doing that because every May Long, it snows in the mountains, and if it doesn't snow, it rains and is miserable and wet and cold. So lets go camping! Ahh, to be young and stupid again!

Back then I could not picture what my life would be like, what I would have accomplished, what I have done. Sometimes it feels like so little, I mean I didn't get a formal education like some, I haven't traveled the world like others...but I think I did pretty well. I married a wonderful guy and recieved a beginners education in patience and understanding. I also started cooking and realized I did not know that much about that!  Then we started a beautiful little family and I am now enrolled in an advanced course in patience and have definitely learned how to cook better.We have travelled, and maybe a little farther and longer than anticipated, but....we have seen many incredible things together. And my kids are healthy and happy and now, this May my daughter will graduate from Kindergarten! I think I've done alright!

No comments: