
My little girl is all finished Kindergarten! I am not sure how I feel about this. I am very excited that she has done so well, she loves reading and has learned loads! Also its summer and I don't have to remember to make lunches, do homework and I even get to sleep in an extra hour (or at least pretend too!) But my little girl is in Grade 1! How crazy is that!

Gracie was talking to her Dad about this new adventure. She was telling him all about her little ceremony (Dustin couldn't go) and stuff and he asked her if she was excited. She said she was, but she was a little sad. He asked her why she was sad. And she said because she was going to miss Mr. Hall! How precious!

So they had a little program where the kids performed 'The Little Red Hen' for the parents and then back to the rooms to hand out Certificates. The performance was cute, and to keep Brody out of my hair I let him video it with the video camera. So I'm not sure the quality of the footage! I imagine its all over because when I seen him he was looking every where but front! But it kept him busy. He even had to stand on the side with the other adults that were shooting video.
Then we headed back to the classroom and Mr. Hall gave out the certificates. He also made a special award for each of the kids depending on their personality or skills throughout the year. He starts with this story for one kid:
"I wanted to call this award 'The one most likely to get frostbite' because we all know that when a kid gets hurt the magic ice will fix it. And this girl had had more boo boos and trips to the nurses station than anyone..."
And before he could finish, the whole class yelled "Its Gracie!" Yes, my daughter is dramatic and every little thing is a big boo boos around here. We go through alot of Band-Aids! She was a pretty proud of her award though! What a goof!
Then after I told her that later when Cooper was done his nap I would take her wherever she wanted to go for lunch. I was thinking she would pick John's or Chuck E Cheese or McDonalds, that's what normal kids do right? So when it was time to go, I asked her where she wanted to go and she says "I want to go to Red Lobster. We haven't been there in a long time." I asked her if she was sure, and yep, she was. So we went to Red Lobster for lunch!
So my little Gracie is finished Kindergarten and I'm not sure how to feel. This year has just totally flown by! She has grown so much, both height-wise and knowledge-wise. I cannot believe the stuff she knows and can do! I am a little sad she is growing up, but I am so proud of her and all that she has done! Love you Gracie!

1 comment:
So fun! But man they do grow up way too fast!
Post a Comment