So Wordful Wednesdays this year will all focus on FAMILY... should be pretty easy, right?
And this week is on My Family...
I love our little family. Some may question me when I say little because we have three kids and some may think that's big...but I know we are just a little family. Little in size, big in heart. I think the heart part comes mostly from my children who are larger than life in most things they do. Which seems a little weird to me considering that me and my husband are HUGE homebodies and could care less about going out most of the time. Maybe that's why we were blessed with three CRAZY kids...to keep us on our toes!
I met my husband sometime in adolescence...and then eventually went to High School with him. It was one of those High School Sweetheart things that eventually we decided to get married! Just kidding! I love him because he makes me want to be better. I love him because I can totally be myself with him. And I love him because he loves me and the kids more than anything.
I married my husband 81/2 years ago in the Cardston Alberta Temple. I am ever grateful that we are sealed together forever. That the kids are mine forever. We started our family young...for some people. I was 24 when I had my daughter and we were so excited! Surprised because I was SURE I was having a boy...but out she came! We named her Gracie Dawn...and I'm sorry but she is one of the most beautiful things on this planet...I am often amazed with her face. And she is so full of SPIRIT!! I guess that's the happy mom in me saying that because some days I may replace that word with stubbornness and flakiness! But she LOVES life. She loves to play and laugh. She loves to dance and sing, though she doesn't have much rhythm! HA HA! She is such a happy kid and loves everyone...I think she could make friends with anyone. If world leaders were more like my Gracie...the world would be in a much better place!
We had Brody two years later. He is so like his father. He has this silent stubborn thing and if he don't wanna do it, ain't no one gonna make him! But he is also my softest child. I only have to get angry with him, raise my voice just a bit, and he is heart broken. He is very serious...which he gets from me, and very very smart. He is all boy, but loves to cuddle with me on the couch in the afternoon to watch cartoons. He also adores his sister and can't wait till she gets home everyday. I often wonder what he'll be when he grows up...a baseball playing doctor would probably fit right in with him!
Cooper is my baby. And I wish I could stop him from growing, but I can't. He is 20 months and drives me crazy most days with his attituse! He is actually a great mix of the other two kids...he is very happy and fun filled child, but very determined and set in his ways! Its quite funny to watch. As a mother, I have learned to pick my battles with this one, and I am quite the sucker for his little face, so he probably gets away with alot more than the other two did. He keeps us laughing with his silly antics and dancing and if we do laugh, he just keeps going.
My husband says we can't have anymore kids because they just keep getting weirder every time, who knows what we'll get next. I do agree on some levels...but the weirdness makes me happy. And being happy makes being their mother worth all of the craziness!

8 comments:
No apologies for knowing your children are beautiful. That's the great thing about moms...they know it inside and out! :)
I too was married to my dh in the Cardston Alberta temple. What a beautiful place. (you aren't by any chance related to the Godlonton's in Lethbridge?)
What a great post. I have been saying that for everyone it seems..but it is so true!
That is so funny...quit while your ahead. OR...
But that's none of my affair...
You have a sweet little family!
Not weirder, just cute and willful! You must continue to procreate these beautiful children!
Isn't it great that they are each so unique and totally their own personality from birth? You can sure tell you love them to bits!
If all of our kids weren't weird in their own way life would be incredibly boring! I have one I have to pick my battles with sometimes he makes me want to pull my hair out, but I sure do love him!
You've got a beautiful way with words and a beautiful family!
You have such a cute family!!
Post a Comment