Monday, November 8, 2010

I am Thankful for my FAMILY...

We wanted to run away for Halloween weekend, and fortunately, Dustin had the whole weekend off. For something different, we went to the temple to check out the new visitors center. It was really neat. Lots of interactive things describing the LDS religion and the things we believe. Lots of things for the kids to see and do. They really enjoyed it.

Then we walked around the temple grounds and took some pictures. It was so beautiful. I am so very grateful for my little family. I am so grateful to be married to my husband for Time and All Eternity in the Temple. I am so grateful to be sealed to my children Forever. What a wonderful blessing and gift from our Heavenly Father. I often think of how we kind of took for granted the fact that when we lived in Canada, we were only 50 miles from the temple. So easy to go, especially with Grandparents that lived along the way to drop the kids off with! Its a lot more work and planning now. I am hoping in the next year I can go more. I want to make sure my kids realize what a gift the blessings of the temple are. The peace and happiness I feel when I am there are unmatched in anything else I have ever experienced. It is there that I know that my life is but a blink, small in the perspective of everything. But it is there that I feel my Heavenly Father's love and there that I can truly remember that I am Child of God.

My Brody.
My Gracie.
And my Cooper.
Whatever would I do without them? I can't even imagine my life without them. Even on the crazy days, where I want to pull my hair out...I check in on them before bed and I remember...
They are my light, my heart, my life.
Thank you Heavenly Father.

No comments: