Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Reason for the Season...

We had a GREAT opportunity to go to the temple for our Ward activity the other day. The adults were able to go through a session and another couple and some youth watched and entertained the kids. They even took them to the visitors center for a little outing. My kids loved it...and I was so very grateful for the people who wouldn't let me stay with the kids. It was so nice to go through the temple and feel that peace. A really nice way to start the Chrismtas Season.
After, we had lunch and then Hot Chocolate and cookies and walked around the temple to see the Christmas Lights. They were beautiful.
The kids were really looking forward to this since October, when I told them we would come down to see the Christmas lights they were working on at the time. I don't think they thought there would be so many!
Honestly, can I get ONE picture of all of them looking like normal kids?!
So Thankful to all the people who helped get this activity together for our ward. Such a fun way to spend time with my family and friends and remember the REAL reason for the season. Remember that it is a celebration of Christ, that it is a time for families to be together.

2 comments:

Jill said...

That was a great night. Love your pictures!

TinaLaRae said...

Kirk and I were able to attend the Temple here last night and the same looking Nativity was in the temple court yard. It was beautiful!