So I'm going back a little in time today because my little boy turned FOUR YEARS OLD while we were in Canada. Gramma Sherry said she would make him a cake this year since we would be home (she made one for the other to rugrats as well!) and we had a little party for him. It was fun!
My little boy is four, I can't believe it! He is such a good kid, but he is so serious. This I blame on myself as I am the same way. He likes to do things his way and he doesn't really like to be helped...he likes to do it on his own. He was a tough baby, especially after Gracie and us being away from family. But he seemed to grow up so fast! His first phrase was "I do it" at about 17 months and he applied it to everything. He even insisted on dressing himself, which took alot of patience on my part.

He is so smart. He lovves doing 'school work' in the work books and loves to read. He is even picking up words out of the stories we read. He catches on quick, but it makes me a little sad because I don't want him to get BIG!
He is very helpful most of the time, though when he doesn't want to do something he usually says something like "I decided I didn't want to do that, so I'll save it for later...". What a goof! He comes up with some good ones!

He loves BOY stuff. Guns, sports, cars. He will play with his sister but he always is the Hero, the Bad Guy, the Dad or something. He loves helping his dad, and has to get the tools out when Dustin is fixing something. He often will find something he likes and he carries it around for days. He has a paint stir stick that is his 'boomerang' and he used to use the play rolling pin for a sword. He has the best imagination!
So happy birthday Brody! We love you and are so happy you are with us. I hope you'll learn one day to not be so serious, but we still love your determination about everything! Love you buddy!


No comments:
Post a Comment