We made it back to California! Its good to see our family, but its good to be home as well. We had such a great trip and so many things going on! My camera was working over time, so I am breaking the trip into sections because I think the entire trip would be way too long to blog all at once! So we'll start at the beginning...getting back to Canada!
So I had decided to drive back early with the kids, and my parents said they would meet us in Las Vegas and drive up with us. We stayed with them in Vegas for a couple of days so my Dad could see the sights a bit. The first night we went and seen the fountains at the Bellagio, the volcano at the Mirage, and the gondolas at the Venetian. You forget what a walk that is up and down the Strip! Then the next day we went to the M&M factory and the Coke Store. My dad loves everything coke. He collects old bottles and other Coca Cola paraphenalia, so he was pretty much in his glory! That night Mom and Dad went to the Tournament of Kings and the kids and I had an early night.
The next day we took off towards Canada. My dad had wanted to go to the Grand Canyon but after looking at the maps and things we decided it would be too long, so we went to St. George and over towards Zions Park. We took this little loop road that went out towards the park and towards Bryce Canyon. We stayed in Panguitch, Utah and the kids got to play on the playground there, which I think was thier favorite part of the trip! The next morning we headed towards Bryce Canyon. Now there was just some unbeleivable rocks and cliffs in this area. Even around Zions Park. I am from Southern Alberta and I grew up hiking in the Rockies, which to me are some of the most majestic mountains anywhere, but the formations and colors in these two areas were unreal. We had to drive very slow and stop often so the photographer (aka Dad) could try and capture the beauty. The pictures hardly do it justice though. It was a very cool drive. One moment you would be driving through green farming valleys, then you'd go up around a hill and there would just be rock and canyons all around you. So cool! At one point we were driving on top of a mountain pass and it just dropped off on either side! Nothing between the car and the cliff but a nice little wire fence. (Not very reassuring!)
This little loop road hit the 89 and went up through Manti (beautiful Temple there) and up to Provo. Even went through a town called Henrieville! (My maiden name is Henry) so we had to get out and take a picture of that! A little out of the way than our usual trip but well worth it for scenery. Very beautiful. I'm not sure how much the kids appreciated it, but they were really very good for being such a long drive. I packed their play cameras in the van and they had to take pictures when Grampa did. They even had to get out of the car a couple of times, or lean out the windows to get the right picture! Cooper was done by the third day...he just cried everytime he had to go into the car seat! Poor little man!
We made it home on July 1st...Canada Day! It was a long long drive, but alot of fun with Gramma and Grampa. Thank goodness for them, especially Gramma keeping Cooper somewhat happy in between stops! I am so grateful for wonderful parents who love my children so much! More on our trip home tomorrow! Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:
Post a Comment