Four years ago my Grandmother on my Fathers side and her children
(Aunt Sandra, Uncle Greg and my Dad) and their respective families
decided to start a little tradition. We started having family reunions every summer.
We always get together on Boxing Day for Christmas, but its hard to get EVERYONE together the rest of the year. So they picked a weekend and we started.
AND WE HAVE FUN!!
Everyone camps in Grammas backyard ...well except for our family
as we have Mom and Dad next door. But everyone sets up their own little tent or trailer
and we enjoy the weekend of basically doing nothing!
We have a wiener roast on Friday night and s'mores.
Saturday we went tubing down the river and had a little carnival for the little kids with prizes. Sunday we tried out slingshot golf (pilates bands and beanbags...great fun!)
and tried out Human Battleship, which didn't turn out so great
and ended up with the guys coming around and bombing us with the balloons
and some people (namely my husband) throwing others (namely myself) into the pool!
I did get him with a bucket of water, though.
And then on Monday everyone cleaned up and headed out.
Gramma's yard is really ideal for it because she has bushes, fences, buildings
completely surrounding it so we put up gates at the openings and the kids stay in the yard.
Not too hard to keep them there with the tramp, swings, sandbox and pool.
Saturday and Sunday they basically got out to dry off and then they were back in.
They played so well together...I think we only had 1 or 2 fights, but nothing big.
They had alot of fun and I think its awesome they get to know their extended family like that. Gracie really likes it because there are other GIRLS there!
She had a great time with Cassy, Racheal and Madison.
Once again I am so grateful for family! And that weekend is really great because I get to see Aunts and Uncles and cousins that I might not get to see. So I really enjoy it. And with the kids being fenced in, you don't have to really worry about them....even better! I really enjoy spending time with my family, and since we only get a couple weeks out of the year I really enjoy it and appreciate the time we have with them.
I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father giving me such a wonderful family!


No comments:
Post a Comment