Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School!

So I have one more post from Canada, but I must take a break because yesterday was Gracie's first day of GRADE 1! Crazy, eh? I asked her if she was ready the night before and she said she was "SO ESITED!" (translation: SO EXCITED) I asked her about what and she said EVERYTHING! I think her favorite part was picking out her first day outfit. I took her shopping for some new clothes and she handed me everything off the racks: "How 'bout this one Mom. Its a size six. Look Mom, it has sparkles...its pink...I like it...its cool..." She liked everything. But she really liked her 'Rockstar' outfit, as she calls it. Doesn't she look like a Rockstar?!

And don't forget the shoes! She was so proud last spring when she learned how to tie her own shoes. And I told her if she learned, we would buy her a pair of lace up runners. So these she picked out last June, and she has been waiting PATIENTLY all summer to wear them!
Her new teacher is Ms. Howell and so far the last two days she has come home just as excited as when she left the house.
Brody was all excited to take her to school that morning, but he was a little sad by the time we got home. Your Mom isn't near as fun as your big sister, I guess.


1 comment:

The Potter Pack said...

She is so flipin' cute !! love her