It was a wonderful Christmas wasn't it? we had a wonderful time at our house, everyone got spoiled a little more than we expected, but we had fun!We did Christmas Eve on the 23 and Christmas Day on the 24 because Dustin had to work on Christmas Day. So
icely! Of course, the grandparents spoiled them and so did the rest of the family! They loved their new pjs and Gramma and Grampa Godlonton got them Leapsters which were a huge hit!
Those little systems are amazing! Fun little educational games and I couldn't believe how fast they caught on
to playing them! They also got this funny game from Uncle Tanner and Aunty Lindsey which they really liked. Its "Horton Hears a Who" and they have to hide Clovers around the House and throughout the game they have to go and find them with this Horton hat on their head. It has velcro on the nose and the clovers have velcro as well. Then they also have to crawl, run, flap, hop etc to find them! Its so funny to watch them try and beat the timer!
It was alot of fun! Nice and quiet and relaxing! My kind of day! Its sad to think of the family miles away and what they might be doing, but its hard to be too sad when the kids are so excited about showing you the games they are learning or their new book or trying on their new pjs. You miss everyone,but life has to go on and its only as good as you make it! I can't be sad and depressed for my kids sake. I make it fun and exciting for them and that in turn helps make it fun and exciting for us!
Today being the true Christmas Day was a little harder, its a good thing I was so tired! The kids and I just hung out and watched movies most of the day. And a great friend that lives right next door invited us for Christmas Dinner so that was really nice to have a little "family"time even if it wasn't with our own family! Again, Christmas is a time for family AND Friends, and when you can't have your family around, great friends are wonderful!
I had a wonderful Christmas with my little family and I hope all of you did to! Now it is time to get ready for the new year!

No comments:
Post a Comment