How do you just pick one! I love Christmas music, it is probably my favorite thing about Christmas, listening to the songs and carols of the season. I always have a cd in the car, in the house, in the computer...I love Christmas songs. Some of my favorite Christmas songs are by the country group Alabama, I think because that particular group always reminds me of my Dad, and we always listened to it when I was a kid. One song that they have done is "Happy Birthday, Jesus", here are the lyrics...
Happy birthday, Jesus, it's that time of year
All the lights on the trees
say Christmas time is near
Another year's behind us,
you helped us make it through
So, happy birthday, Jesus,
this song is just for you
We all get so hung up
on material things
at times it seems like we forget
What Christmas really means
It should be thanks we're givin',
that's why I wrote this tune
Happy birthday, Jesus,
this song is just for you
There's a gift for everyone but you
underneath the tree
No, it's not much, but I hope you like
this song to you from me
Happy birthday Jesus, that's why I wrote this tune
So, happy birthday, Jesus, my song is just for you
It is a very simple song and I like it for the fact that my children are young and birthdays are something they understand. Telling them that this is Jesus' birthday makes it real for them and easier for their young minds to comprehend. And it is just pretty.
11 months ago

7 comments:
Many of my favorite musci memories center around my family also. Thanks for sharing.
I love that this song reminds me that Christmas is a birthday celebration for Jesus. This perspective makes me think about what I can give Him, instead of getting wrapped up in the worldliness of it all.
What a good reminder for everyone! I don't think I've ever heard this song before though I've listened to plenty of Alabama.
My husband enjoys Alabama for the same reason you do. And thanks for sharing this song. Christmas is a wonderful time for giving thanks!
I love Christmas music too, it's probably my favorite thing about Christmas...
We love Alabama at our house too. Angels among Us is one of my favorites because my brothers used to sing it while they were puttering around the house.
I have this album and it reminds me always of my mission when I heard it first. Good memories!
Post a Comment