Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year's Resolutions!

So the time is upon us to begin a New Year! 2009! And again I set some New Year's Resolutions. I can't remember what I have done before, maybe if I looked back at journals from years ago I would find them, so this year I will write them down and you will see them and we'll see if I can get through them. Accountability right?
  1. Fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans! I don't like having to put losing weight down as a resolution, we try not to use the "F" word in our house. But I really need to! I have 2 pairs that fit me, and one is getting a hole in the inseam from wearing them so much. Its time to take action!
  2. To Eat Healthier for weight loss AND ENERGY! I know half of my problem with getting off my tush is that I need to eat better! And I want to set a good example for my kids! Its funny, alot of the time if I have fruit and junk food in the house, the kids go for the fruit, and I go for the Junk food! Maybe I need to follow their example!
  3. Family Home Evenings. I need to be more regular, even just something simple, every week. My kids really like it, even if we just read a story out of the friend together, so I need to start doing it EVERY WEEK!
  4. Personal Scripture Study. We read the picture scripture book with the kids, almost every night. But I am terrible with it myself. I want to read the Book of Mormon straight through!
  5. Get my life ORGANIZED! My house and life have fallen apart in the craziness of the new baby, summer in Canada, and starting school. I just haven't been able to keep up. I feel like I'm just getting things done, and I hate that! I like having things done, but I am a wonderful procrastinator. I need to just DO IT, and anyways stress doesn't agree with my body well!
Well I think these are a good start. I AM GOING TO DO THEM! I know it is just a matter of doing a little every day, and they will get done. And I know in the long run, even a little bit in the short run, they will help me feel better and be a better mommy and wife!

1 comment:

Jeri said...

Happy New Year, Sister! I'm wishing you good luck on your resolutions this year! Love you!