Thursday, January 1, 2009

Funny Kids...

I love my kids!
The other day we went as a family to WalMart...my husband would rather haul all the kids together than stay home with the three of them by himself, maybe he's scared I'll run away! Anyways we were walking through the parking lot...you never get a decent parking spot, eh? And while we were walking, Brody, who has developed a severe case of sugar filled/sleep deprived attitude this year, hears a car honking waayy across the parking lot and he turns an yells, "Honk Honk, yourself!" Where did you hear that one? I'm blaming my husband! He is three, but he has the attitude of a thirteen year old! Then Yesterday, Dustin took him to Home Depot, which he usually loves going with Dad to the store. He fell asleep on the way there and when they got there...
Brody "Where are we?"
Dad "At Home Depot."
Brody "Where's Wendy's?"
Dad "We went to a different one."
Brody "I SAID I wanted to go to Wendy's!" He glares a Dad
Dad, trying not to laugh at the glare, "Mom's making dinner, we are not eating at Wendy's today."
It kind of worked and after they were done in the store he was happy again. But then they had to go to another Home Depot to pick up stuff the other one didn't have!
Brody "Where are we?"
Dad "At Home Depot."
Brody, using his glare "We were just at Home Depot."
Dad "This is another one, Dad needs some more stuff the other store didn't have."
Brody just glares.
This glare is quite funny and he uses it alot, when he's mad, grumpy, embarrassed. It started almost a year ago, when he would get mad at something he would ball up his little fists and stomp away to his room. He would stay
 in there till he decided he wasn't mad anymore. If you went in there he would say "Leave me alone! I'm mad at you." Now its graduated to a glare and usually a "I SAID..." about the situation. I probably should reprimand him, but its so funny! Usually we kind of smile at him because we are trying not to laugh and this usually gets him really riled! I'm sorry little man, but its too funny!

And speaking of little men...Cooper is getting really good at the crawling thing. And now he thinks he needs to pull himself up, but he has no balance yet and usually lands on his head! But the crawling thing he's got down. And when he has bare legs, especially on the tile floor in the kitchen, he does a lovely spider monkey crawl, where he is crawling on his hands and feet! Its so funny to watch. What a little monkey!

What would we do without kids! I decided mine and Dustin's life would be rather boring since we are both such home bodies. We like to hang out in the comfort of our home most of the time. I guess Heavenly Father knew this and sent us some of the most stubborn, silliest, dramatic, and funniest spirits he could find! This way it would keep us on our toes!

1 comment:

Molly and Kip said...

Yah, I guess I should enjoy Carson not being able to talk. I actually can't wait for those comments and those glares. Brody is soo cute! He reminds me so much of my nephew