Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Lights at CALM...

When we talked about whether we should go home for Christmas or not, we weighed out the pros and cons and decided that we would stay in Bakersfield for Christmas. I was really sad about this, but I made my husband promise me one thing. If we stayed here, then he had to pretend to not be such a Grinch. He replied that he's not grumpy around the kids. And I said that I knew that, but I wanted him to pretend for me as well. So he said he would and he's done a really good job, too. One might almost forget that we have a Scrooge living under our roof.

He put up my Christmas lights without too much fuss, even when it took him two weeks to get them working properly. He got my tree down without me asking a million times. He suggested we go look at Christmas lights around town and even suggested we go out to the zoo to see the lights, so we did!

Bakersfield zoo, is not really a zoo its a Living Museum, more or less, of animals that live in California. We've only been a couple of times and 3 years ago when my family was down for Christmas, we went to see the lights. It was really pretty and I think they had even more lights this time. They even had a musical display where the lights on the trees 'danced' to music. It was pretty cool.

They had a carousel that the kids really liked, but mom thought might take off since it was going so fast!
They had a little train ride and you could see the lights of the museum and other displays.

Even had displays lit up of the Bakersfield sign and oil derricks.
This one's for DJ...when they came 3 years ago and we went through this display, he looks around and says "Hey! Its snowing!" Not really, just a snow machine. They are bubbles. Here's Gracie trying to catch one on her tongue. Brody caught one on his hand and says, "Its not snow Grace, its just fluff!"
Even got to talk to Santa again. He is really going to know what my kids want this year! Gracie told him, again, "I want a house for my Barbies" and Brody just said "Well, I got a whole list of stuff I want."
Cooper is not a huge fan of Santa. But he sure loves his Daddy. He really liked the lights and the music.
Brody just loves to take pictures. He's getting to be quite the photographer!
One last picture to just melt you heart. They do get a little crabbier the closer to Christmas we get, but then they do something like this and I can't help but smile and be glad for the wonderful children I have!

1 comment:

Jeri said...

DJ says he misses the California "fluff" :) So do I, at least it doesn't stick around like our Canadian snow!
And how can they have anymore lights then they had then. That's insane!
I love those little ones! I want a hug :( Love you!