I told you about my new hobby. Couponing. I am by nature cheap so it is great for me. But just today I wondered if I have gone overboard...
My husband is also very frugal. (Most call him a tight @%$#, but that's not nice !LOL!) And when we have gone grocery shopping in the past, he has taught the kids about the price tags and how some stuff in on sale etc. They can spot that green tag in Winco every time. He also is very picky about leaving lights on, with which I am terrible with, and with letting the water run. So this summer when we were at home in Canada, my sister in law was giving her boys a bath and forgot about the water and the tub was REALLY full. When Brody saw it he told her, "Aunty Kelsey, that is wasting water you know." So his Dad has taught him well in that department.
Well, I have to take my kids shopping with me. I take them every where, and they see me getting lists and coupons ready all the time. And printing them, and clipping them. Brody is very observant and when I ask him to get things off the shelves for me, he often asks, "Is it on sale? Do we have a coupon?"
So today the kids were talking about getting some new toy or something. Now it really bugs me when they do this, especially this time of year, because 1. they are getting something for Christmas, 2. they usually change their minds 80 times before the big day, and 3. that is not the point of the season I'm trying to install in them. So I told them that if they wanted something, that maybe we needed to start saving their allowance towards the things that they wanted. And when they had enough, we would go to the store and they could buy it. They thought that was a good idea and then Brody says to me "Ya! And Mom, you could maybe print out a coupon or something for the stuff we want to buy!"
Hello. My name is Jessica and I'm addicted to couponing.

No comments:
Post a Comment