Sunday, December 20, 2009

Just a little something...

Not a big post, just had to write it down before I forgot! I was exploiting child labour laws today and making my children clean the house. Which usually works out fine and they are usually really good helpers. But today we did an overhaul cleaning of the bedrooms so it was taking a lot more time than normal. We were just about finished, and Gracie just had to make her bed. Yes I know, she's only six, but I don't use top sheets. Just blankets over a fitted sheet. So she just has to lay out her blankets and as long as they are laid out fairly nice, that's good enough for me. So she has 4 blankets to lay out. Most days takes her 10 minutes. Well, today Cooper was 'helping' her and he kept running out with her trying to 'get' him. So I kept getting mad at her saying "Please. Just get your bed made!" I just finished making lunch and went down to see if she was done. (Its been about 20 minutes) Gracie and Cooper are jumping on the bed. When she sees me walk in, she jumps off the bed and says:
"Mom, you have to help me! I can't control myself! I just keep playing!"
Now what do you say to that?!

1 comment:

Jeri said...

HA HA HA! I love it!
Your children are starting to sound a little possessed... Brody saying Luker took over his body and Gracie not able to control herself... he he