Friday, December 11, 2009

I don't wanna brag, but...

I have a new hobby and the cheap person inside of me (and the one I live with) are sometimes pretty excited about this. I found out that you can clip these little pieces of paper out and hand them in at stores and its like giving them a little bit of cash...and they give me stuff! We have always used coupons for restaurants and things, those are pretty easy to find and also because in Canada, you can't coupon like you can down here. Manufacturers coupons are harder to come by, it at all. So I tried couponing a couple of times, but I never stuck with it. But now....
I'm addicted...
I started out with one of these little cases, then two, but that wasn't working when I couldn't do them up anymore and it was really hard to find things, so now one of these holds all my restaurant coupons and...

I upgraded to a binder. I had the zipper one lying around doing nothing, but soon found I was outgrowing that so I just bought that pink one (only $9 at Big Lots!) and I'm so excited because it has a handle and way bigger.

This is what my kitchen table, or coffee table, looks like a couple times a week...clipping sorting coupons and making lists, but it does pay off. Especially when I can go to Rite Aid...


...and score all this for $4.62!
So, I am feeling pretty good right now, I even impressed the cashier! I have only had a couple of these Crazy Coupon moments, but coupon by coupon I am saving money and I've got a stock pile in my closet that should count to a 3 months supply! Ya Me!

1 comment:

The Hanson Family said...

How much do you spend on printer cartridges to print out coupons? Are you able to still make it worth it? I've always thought about couponing but worried about printing costs.