Sunday, December 13, 2009

For my Kids...


I have not written just about my kids and the crazy things they do everyday to keep me entertained. Here are just a few things going on at our house lately...

Gracie: is loving school, and her piano lessons. She is doing really well with the piano and I am glad I have hired someone to teach her instead of going on my first instinct to teach her myself. We fight enough about her practising somedays! I'll try and video her and post it so you can see the young Mozart in training. She is also VERY excited about Christmas. And all she wants is a Barbie house WITH and elevator...I told her that was a pretty big gift so she would have to be extra good this year she told me " I'm always extra good Mom!"

Brody: has an imaginary friend, which he actually calls his 'partner'. His name is Luker. He had another one a few months ago but he informed me that he got run over by a truck. (Nice) Anyways Luker has been coming around more and more frequently. The funny thing is, Brody doesn't play with Luker like a usual imaginary friend. If you ask him about it, he says that Luker is at school or at work. But he shows up or we talk about him alot. "Luker has a car like that one." Luker likes to read books like this." And last night I was informed that Luker had taken over Brody's body and that was why he said the bad word to Gracie. I told him Luker had to leave him alone or he had to go to bed early, especially if he was making him say bad things. Brody says to Luker "Luker, if you don't leave me alone, my Mom says you will have to go to bed early, and I don't want to do that." And amazing enough, he did.
And Brody likes to say Aportunately. (Unfortunately). Aportunately, it doesn't always work but it sure is funny...like when he tells me he can't finish his dinner because "Aportunately, I don't want to eat that."

Cooper: Well he is quite the character and he really thinks he is just as big as the other two. We keep telling them not to do certain things, like jump off the couch, climb things because their brother like to follow them. He has even learned to use stools and chairs to climb up things and today tried the wipe container as a boost. He also has just a wonderful attitude (hear my sarcasm!) Last week in Sacrament he actually laid on the floor in the back of the chapel and kicked and cried and threw himself a little fit because Mom wouldn't let him throw the crayons, or the hymn book. And we get this at home any time he is told NO. I am so looking forward to the TWOS!!(again hear my sarcasm!)

But thats whats new with us. Getting ready for Christmas and so excited to share the holiday season with my kids. I'm so glad my husband has Christmas off this year. We had such a nice lazy weekend the last couple of days, I 'm really looking forward to some R 'n R with my hubby and kids!
Again, MERRY CHRISTMAS! Only 11 days till Christmas Eve! Are you ready?!

1 comment:

Jeri said...

Ha ha ha! Gracie you are too cute! And Brody's Luker taking over his body...lol... I love them all! Lots of love from all of us!